Thursday, 23 May 2013

Brixham Marina Evening Stroll

Having some lovely weather here in Brixham, so on Tuesday evening we went for a walk along the marina. The winds were light and the sun was starting to set. Lots of people out walking, families playing on the Breakwater beach, people sitting on the Breakwater eating ice-creams and kayakers in the harbour.




One of the things I really like about Brixham is that we have the water, the town and the fields so close to each other. You can just about make out some cows in the fields behind.


Looking up behind the new fish market are the colourful houses of Furzeham


The sun setting over Brixham Marina


Last of the colourful skies over the Breakwater, before it got dark.


Tuesday evening Kayak club


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, we are looking forward to this weekend which is Brixfest with the heritage boats arriving and a race-so hopefully I'll get some more nice photos for a post. Enjoy your weekend

      Delete
  2. It's definitely on my list of places to visit. The sunset pic especially is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen the Fishtown documentary on PickTv? The photography is stunning and the poems beautiful. I'm sure more people will come to visit after seeing this. I hope you do get to come along-maybe for the pirate festival next year!

      Delete
  3. Suzie,
    Lovely evening photos of Brixham it reminded us of our lovely break down there in February. Hope you have a great weekend.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, we have just had a lovely day at Brixfest, the sun shone all day long. I'm just about to load the photos I took of the heritage boats-I hope they're ok. Fireworks now and the poor seagulls are squawking. Enjoy you bank holiday.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. I've just taken a look at your blog. Reminds me of all the places we visited whilst looking for somewhere new to live. It's a lovely part of the country, and I've just been saying I remember there, and there, and there, as I looked through your lovely photos.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read them all. At the moment I'm struggling for time making it difficult to reply individually to each comment, but I'll do my best.